Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a bevy of broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you'll predominantly offer creative solutions to interpersonal design. You'll also serve as a mentor for a wide range of engineers, leading performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
In this specific role, you will develop and lead a team of Engineers within the Content Efficiency ("CEFF") team. In this role with CEFF, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the core suite of tools and asset pipelines harnessed to develop LoL. A few examples of products from this team include:
- The Game Data Server ("GDS"), which tracks where and how edits to our game data are made, and makes the data available for any other parts of the pipeline that need it. More information can be found here: https://engineering.riotgames.com/news/game-data-server.
- Riot Editor, a tool crafted to facilitate authoring of the data served by the GDS. It supports editing data generically, as well as allowing us to customize the views for specific types of data. As an example, you would focus on the development of a brand new VFX editor for our artists within Riot Editor.
- A portable environment for these tools so our partners are easily able to build assets for the game without us needing to give full access to them.
- DataBuild, a fully incremental, dependency-driven build system that we're using to transform and package our data so that it can be loaded by the game.
- Influence the product vision and direction
- Ensure the team is productive and delivering on results
- Effectively communicating status & direction up, out, and down
- Building a phenomenal team through recruiting and hiring
- Partnering with the engineers to create development plans
- Maintaining team health and handling tension as it comes up
- Technologies: C/C++, Python, Qt, UI/UX design
- Experience with hiring and growing top talent
- Philosophical alignment with servant leadership model
- A collection of management philosophies and techniques based on practical experience with a variety of scenarios and situations