Happy Money changes the way people think about and use money. Happy Money is composed of financial services professionals, research and clinical psychologists, data scientists, neuroscientists, designers, and technology experts, all working together to provide three primary experiences: Joy, Payoff and the Happy Money Score. Through our values of love, trust, and hustle, we take care of our employees, put the customer first, have a sense of humor, and get things done.
ABOUT THE JOB
A User Interface Engineer at Happy Money loves using code to convert ideas into beautiful, interactive experiences. You have a deep understanding how to build robust, component-driven applications using modern tools like React, ES6, and SASS. With a keen eye for design, you always seek to marry form and function in your work. Since you're technically on the Product Design team, you love being surrounded by creative thinkers and always invite collaboration and feedback. This same collaborative spirit extends toward your ability and desire to work cross functional with Product, Engineering, and other Teams to define deliverables and meet deadlines. This role in particular will work on product experiences for the desktop and mobile web.
- Helping build the future of Happy Money product experiences on the web
- Writing reusable and elegant code that creates product experiences across all types of devices/platforms
- Interacting with the Engineering and Ops teams to implement and merge code
- Creating prototypes that push the envelope of what is possible to make with code
- Working in collaboration with Product Designers to bring static designs to life
- A vocal, active member of the team with a voice into the design and ideas behind the products
- You're a dev at heart with an eye and appreciation of well designed products
- An end-to-end thinker and problem solver: curious to learn about the inner workings of financial services and hungry to make it better
- A collaborative leader, passionate about growing and sharing your skills to help team members develop and refine their talents
- Customer-centric in thought, caring not just about shipping code, but if the product works for real humans. You place the customer at the heart of every decision you make
- 5+ years experience as front-end developer
- Strong familiarity with HTML5, SCSS, front-end styling, and component frameworks
- Expert knowledge of build systems like Gulp/Webpack and version control (git)
- Expertise in building responsive and/or mobile interfaces
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Tabs, not spaces ;)
- Ability to communicate effectively, take and give candid feedback and maintain a positive, collaborative attitude
The Happy Design team is a small and agile tribe of multi-disciplinary designers and coders inside the walls of Happy Money. Check out the Happy Design team site ( http://design.happymoney.com/?ref=jd ) to see what the team is working on!
PERKS & BENEFITS!
- Rich employee medical benefits offering, some paid 100% by Happy Money!
- Generous vacation policy
- All the single-origin, micro-batch roasted coffee you can drink (or tea if that's your thing)
- Happy Money Hour—we love to mingle and enjoy great brews!
- Smart and FUN work environment