Ref #: 24827
Functional Area: Marketing
Employee Type: Full Time
Date published: 11-Jan-2019
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.66 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,500 employees in 14 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
Over the past 24+ months, PIMCO has undergone significant change in the realm of digital readiness. As part of a global digital transformation initiative spearheaded by Technology and Marketing, PIMCO has built the stage to enable personalized client centric experiences.
The Global Creative Services Team at PIMCO is seeking a talented UI/UX Designer to help shape the design and experience of our digital products, reporting to the Digital Design Lead based in Newport Beach, CA. Successful candidates will be highly collaborative and multi-disciplined with the ability to think conceptually and strategically. They will be able to move seamlessly from high altitude thinking to the tangible and practical, with a focus on objective goals and outcomes, while collaborating with colleagues across multiple teams and departments. As part of our team, UX/UI designers are responsible for iconography, typography, color, photography, data visualization and other assets to help users successfully navigate our products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Think conceptually and creatively to generate new ideas, concepts and features.
- Execute responsive designs optimized for multiple platforms: desktop, tablet & mobile.
- Design efficient solutions for a scalable/global platform in mind.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and flows.
- Prototype interactive solutions that can be presented and tested.
- Work closely with other designers, project managers, and engineers to ship an extraordinary product.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and execute multiple projects at one time with strong attention to detail.
- Can work independently as well as part of team.
- Strong understanding of working within brand guidelines.
- Contribute and assist in updating and maintaining digital design guidelines and shared library.
- Work closely with Digital Design Lead and Production Manager to keep all projects on track and completed in a timely manner.
- Use analytics and data to inform design and strategic decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic or digital design, or related field of study.
- Or ability to display extensive knowledge and real-world practice of similar and relevant experience.
- 3-5 years experience in the digital space, digital/interactive studio or agency.
- A strong passion for user-centered design.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite. High-level understanding and shown practice with various prototyping software like Sketch, Invision App, Invision Studio, Zeplin, Framer, Adobe XD, etc.
- An exemplary portfolio with work that shows thoughtful process, strategic thinking and high-level, detailed execution.
- Ability to communicate and interface with programmers and engineers in order to execute your design vision and make any needed corrections/adjustments.
- You have a strong aptitude for giving and receiving feedback.
- You have an excellent ability to develop and sustain relationships across teams and functions.
- You thrive in a highly iterative process that involves listening, adapting, moving fast, speaking with testers, incorporating feedback, and constantly collaborating.
- Financial services experience not required.
- Understanding and limitations of various mediums for the digital space, including, but not limited to, social platforms, CMS (content management systems), popular design systems and front-end libraries like Material or Bootstrap, ESPs (email service providers).
- Motion Graphics experience. Utilizing tools like After Effects or Animate to produce animated assets for use on our digital platforms.
- Video editing experience. Utilizing tools like After Effects or Premiere to assist with various assets like video backgrounds, demos, subtitles, sequences, etc.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office